Monday 8 January 2018

Unicorn Joy and Shoulds and Coulds




On Sunday it was my great niece's 4th birthday party



which had a Unicorn theme,


and party games


 and balloons 


and dancing 



and wonderful craft activities


decorating 


heart biscuits


with everything


unicorn-ish.



Confetti balloons and 


the amazing unicorn birthday cake ..... full of sweetness outside 


and inside....



like the birthday girl herself - pure sweet joy.



A very new sweet guest at the party.


Today

My sisters and I started an online 21day course by Louise Hay  on Loving Yourself - Improving Self Esteem with Mirror Work.

It involves listening to inspiring videos, doing meditations and exercises looking in the  mirror, saying kind and loving things to yourself out loud...and even if you don't believe it at first just practising it can make a difference.

Of course I know the theory of it, but doing it is the secret..... and doing it with my sisters and sharing every day what happened is the other secret ......even if it's confessing that I didn't do it....it's better than doing it on my own.

Two things from today's lessons that made me think are

Your thoughts create your experience.....

So telling myself I'll never be happy again keeps me unhappy

and 
 saying to myself 

I could go for a walk
gives me a choice which is completely different from saying 
I should go for a walk 
which makes me feel bad and guilty and sets me up to fail if I don't.

So I'm resolving to ban should from my vocabulary and replace it with could.

I did go for a walk today - because it's one of my intentions to walk every day even if only for 20 minutes. It is in my best interests to have regular exercise but not to judge myself if I don't. Today I learnt that I need to wear extra thick gloves when the air is this biting sharp otherwise my walk becomes an ordeal ...and I start telling myself I shouldn't have come out.....




Sweet heart offerings.


No comments:

Post a Comment