Tuesday 16 January 2018

The Magic of Love and Gratitude.....and Mushy Meals



More of Sidmouth on Sunday....
















Today 

Day 9. Part 2 of Loving Your Inner Child

" When you criticise judge or scold yourself as an adult you are really doing that to your inner child."

And of course I'd never dream of saying those harsh things to an anxious frightened little girl....who only ever wants to grow and blossom..... and only ever needs love, acceptance and praise.

So today as I sat in the dentist's chair waiting for the sharp sting of an injection I talked to my frightened little girl inside and reassured her that even though it was painful, she'd done nothing wrong to be here, it wasn't her fault about my teeth, she was brave and good and it would soon be over and we could play afterwards....go to Sainsbury's....

And instead of my usual litany of judgements about my teeth ....how they are yellowing and gappy and full of amalgam fillings ...and how I used to have nice teeth and now they are  awful...I thanked them instead.
And said what a wonderful job they have done all these years ...looking after me when I haven't really looked after them and how grateful I am that most of them have survived and are still serving me so well.

And somehow all the drilling and water spraying and the rubber dam and fitting the temporary crown and the horrid taste of the chemical gel to make a cast for a new tooth wasn't nearly as stressful or uncomfortable as I'd expected.....The magic of love and gratitude. 



It was a very long time before the effects of the novocaine wore off though so I was very hungry for supper. But as the temporary crown is particularly prone to coming loose I've been advised not to eat any thing hard or chewy.

So it was a great opportunity to have thick, smooth carrot and pumpkin soup. And a mound of lemony garlicky hummus. 
 I'm not thinking about the fact I'll have to eat soft food like this for 3 weeks. At least I have lots of experience of making mushy meals. I fed them to Robin for several months at the end of his life .....for a different reason.





No comments:

Post a Comment