Thursday 25 January 2018

Memory lapses and I Trust Life


The first sunset  for a long time...over my view of Haldon Forest in the distance....


and the first sunshine today for a long time...


briefly, between showers of stinging hail and sleet.



This morning, talking to a dear friend over coffee, I notice that I'm more forgetful than usual. Or maybe it's not unusual anymore. There are big holes in my memory - names of people and things. It doesn't feel the same as when Robin couldn't find words for ordinary things. Like when he muddled up courgette and croissant, or lost the word for toothbrush.

In conversation today I couldn't remember the name for the royal blue gem stone.....looked it up when I came home. Sapphire. I wear one in my ring.

I couldn't remember the name of the Irish journalist who was killed by a motorcyclist in Dublin in the  1990s. I was in Dublin the day it happened in  June1996 and missed my plane home. Veronica Guerin.

I also booked a holiday in Portugal and gave the wrong dates although I'd double checked them before I wrote the email. 

All minor lapses and rectifiable mistakes. It's probably best if I don't make a big deal out of it....don't get afraid I'm losing my mind. Just noticing another fear. Which isn't real...only a thought which could be changed.


Today's lesson - Day 18  - is about receiving and prosperity.

Prosperity covers an abundance of money and love and joy and time and beauty and miracles.

You can't create abundance by thinking and talking about your lack.

So if I think "I'll never love again." Or ''My money won't last me till my my old age",  then I'm blocking any flow of love or abundance that could come my way by my old beliefs in lack.

Focusing on gratitude for what you already have in your life creates abundance.

And saying things like,
My income is constantly increasing.
and
I'm open and receptive to all the good and abundance in the universe.
and
Life supplies all my needs in great abundance

has got to be better than thinking and saying I don't deserve to receive good things because I'm not a good enough person.

I may not believe it yet..... but the more I affirm that 
I trust life,
 the less likely I am to store up doubt and fear and pain in the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment