Wednesday 3 January 2018

A Dedicated Robin....and cleaning my house.








This sweet robin was singing in the bare branches of the trees yesterday as I walked along the  edge of  the estuary in Topsham to the sound of the honking  Canada Geese.

I'm dedicating him to our Armenian family as I was so saddened to learn of the  unexpected death of A's mother tonight.  Such a lovely woman. She was the same age as my big sister.


Today,  I do the housework as my cleaner is ill. I finish dismantling


my Christmas decorations,



and peel off the scattered snowflakes on the patio doors. Bringing myself back into January. 

 I started having a cleaner when Robin was ill - it was part of my carer's allowance. I so appreciated what she did that I kept her on. In the past I would've felt the need to justify her as I can of course clean my own house.

But not anymore.....it doesn't matter what I think other people think - they will do that anyway!  I'm just very grateful for her. And for Robin - who would definitely approve of me saving my back and my arthritic fingers.....so I don't have to lift the hoover and scrub the floors.

And  I can be kind to myself instead. And read my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment