Tuesday 23 January 2018

Persimmon Smoothie and When you have a Beloved


I found 2 very ripe and squishy soft persimmons in the fridge and 2 large oranges with their peel zested,


so I juiced the oranges and then blended them with the fruit, added a squirt of lemon juice, and it turned into this very 


sweet fragrant  tropical smoothie - very soothing for sore throats.


I used to only ever eat persimmons in Portugal - the large very soft variety -  but they are ubiquitous here now in the supermarkets - 3 for a pound ( unfortunately in plastic packaging) and Waitrose magazine is predicting a new fashion trend in them in 2018. I also discovered the origin of their other name - sharon fruit - not after a girl but so called by some of the Israeli growers.


I have stayed quiet at home again today ..... I'm still not right but mending slowly.

Day 16 is about loving yourself more...releasing relationships that don't nourish or support you...and living in a 'circle of love'.
I  realise that I don't  really have any relationships that don't nourish and support me..... but I could nourish and support myself a lot more...especially my inner little girl.
 I like this affirmation 
Deep in the centre of my being is an infinite well of love.

I also read an article by Robert Holden today about writing ....

As a writer I often use writing for inquiry. Writing helps me live my life well."We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect", wrote Anais Nin, the American author. In a similar vein, Natalie Goldberg,
'"Writers live twice. They go along with their regular life, are as fast as anyone in the grocery store, crossing the street, getting dressed for work in the morning. But there is another part of them that they have been training. The one that lives every second at a time. That sits down and sees their life again and goes over it. Looks at the textures and the details."

It made me think if it's true for me about this blog. Not exactly, but yes, throughout the day I'm sort of ruminating on what I'm doing and not doing and wondering what I shall say.
And then when I come to write it, I think about my day again ....differently....and sometimes nothing inspires me and sometimes just in the writing of it something comes clear.



And it struck me that it's not only writers who live twice. When you have a beloved you live twice too....your day and their day...wondering what little thing or thought would make them happy....what we'll talk about tonight...you thinking of them, them thinking of you...writing your lives twice.


2 comments:

  1. So many interesting things here. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B....some of these ideas feel like a work in progress...I still haven't quite got clear what I'm trying to say....sort of muddling along with it though! X

    ReplyDelete