Wednesday 24 January 2018

A Final Ending and The Power of Positive Thinking


When I arrive at Robin's grave on Sunday the wooden cross is tipped at an angle to the ground. Sticky red Devon mud not holding it up.

It has slipped sideways after all the heavy rain we've had and there's water standing in the grass ...a little glass lake below the blades.


I re-positoin it but it's still a bit loose in its moorings.


I realise it's time to start thinking about replacing the cross with a more permanent marker.


I don't want marble or granite or words etched in gold. I've thought about it off and on...the undertakers said you can leave it for a year or so to let things settle.

But I don't how to capture him and his lightness in stone. Such a hard and final ending.


Today.
I thought I was getting a bit better ...and I am ... but  still feeling grotty.

This is what Louise Hay says about stress which is the theme of Day 17.

Stress is a fear reaction to life and to the constant change that is inevitable. Stress has become a catchword: we use it as an excuse for not taking responsibility for our feelings, above all our fear. But if you can equate stress with fear—and understand that feeling stressed is really a fearful reaction—you can begin to eliminate the need for stress in your life. 

 I'm not particularly stressed at the moment in my life but I do know the most stressful times for me are when I have too much to do and too little time to do it combined with my own need to do everything perfectly. And forward planning and efficiency not being my strongest suit.

 So I've uncovered that the hidden fear in all that is the fear of being perceived as inadequate. Same old, same old not being good enough.

I chose these two affirmations as an antidote.

I flow with life easily and effortlessly.
I have all the time I need.

Which proved remarkably accurate for me and my sisters today as we all created much more time by having our afternoon arrangements either cancelled or postponed....and I for one had a lovely leisurely day.

The power of positive thinking was alive and well in Exeter and Bishopswood and Luton today!






No comments:

Post a Comment