Tuesday 9 January 2018

Incredible Hulk Hands and Many Tissues




















Scenes  in the University Parks the other day.....muddy red ponds and the first lovely camellias. Taken on my iphone so not very good. 
I walked my 40 minute circuit there this afternoon too. I  couldn't take any photos as I was wearing two pairs of gloves. No way could I press a shutter button with my Incredible Hulk hands. At least I came home without frozen fingers.

It's Day 2 of the  Loving Myself Course.....This morning I look in the mirror .....look into my eyes and say, 
I love you.  
A hundred times.
I look into my eyes and I wonder what had happened to her ....to the baby...the child...the girl...the young woman....the growing older woman....this aged and lined face in front of me .....all those years lived and gone. And this is how she is now.  Did I ever love her....and how to love her now?

Robert Holden who is guiding us through this exercise says if it's difficult to do it's because of our judgements. And we do love ourselves when we aren't judging ourselves.  He suggests to have a box of tissues nearby while we say I love you into the mirror as it can bring up old and fierce emotions.

I use many tissues.


No comments:

Post a Comment