Wednesday 10 January 2018

Effort and Grace


Walking in the gardens at Killerton House this afternoon ....with winter trees and berries and birds and bees... I didn't need my huge second pair of gloves. For a while it was even warm in the glorious sunshine.











If the heady perfume of this Daphne was music it would be Heavy Metal deafening.










Female blackbird and


mistle thrush I think...












 Day 3 of talking to myself in the mirror  - the instruction is 

Whatever I say to myself I will say it with love -

 I find it easy to feel a huge and gentle compassion for the person that I see. Like the sun coming out after a long time of famine.

Our exercise is to turn a negative childhood statement into a positive affirmation.

I was never told I was stupid or lazy or bad but somehow I believed that I was never good enough. I was wrong and nothing I ever did made a difference. And I was fat. And ugly. And unlovable.

So to change all that into a loving statement .....to repeat it in the mirror to myself...to believe it......even for a while..... to un-criticse myself....to be grateful to all of my body for getting me this far..... instead of hating and berating it.... was like taking a huge clean breath right into my toes and back.

So today whenever I notice I'm being mean to myself I tell myself this instead.

I am the perfect size and weight and shape for me right now. I am beautiful and loveable.

The thing about affirmations is that if at first you don't believe, keep doing it till you do...and then everything changes.

At least this is what I'm putting my faith in. Faith that I can heal. 

 Through effort and Grace.




No comments:

Post a Comment