Friday 28 September 2018

A Winter Job








The long tailed tits came back today briefly. I haven't seen them for a while. Such a delight.

Lovely visitors come today. Old friends. I cook them lunch. Mushroom and asparagus risotto, roasted carrots and squash, a medley of greens spiked with chilli....plum and apple crumble. 

It always grounds me...cooking for people I love...puts everything in perspective. My stomach and heart are calmer.

 I  spend the afternoon in the garden, in the sunshine, pulling up bindweed and pruning back the winter jasmine which is wild and rampant in the swimming pool border. When my gardener comes to cut the grass we make plans to clear the stream of all the old junk that is obstructing the flow at my boundary edge. He says it is a winter job.
My winter job is do another kind of clearing....let go of old judgements of myself...and to sit with all this pain and let it be...till I start to flow again.

And to make fires in my hearth...


No comments:

Post a Comment