Friday 21 September 2018

I follow the sun....



All the good things about today...in the vicinity of my house...











All day....
  I follow the sun around the sitting room as it floods in from different angles, different windows.  

Mid morning....
 I  turn a chair towards the double doors onto the garden, sit with the sun on my face, my feet  curled under me, listen to a Matt Kahn video about how to recover from fear and sadness..... he says you need to rest and sit and breathe.  I manage it for a few minutes.

Lunch time....
I sit with the sun coming onto to my back through the side window and eat my bowl of soup.

Mid afternoon tea....
I sit on the sofa again with a dear friend who helps me choose a wood burner stove and we talk about slate hearths and oak beam mantles.

This evening... 
The sun still slanting in though the front window I sit in the big armchair - I always think of it as Robin's chair - and talk on the phone to my sister.


 Too much sitting... so I take my camera and walk out into the blustery wind, up the lane, and over the fields and back down into the village with the sun beginning to sink in the west behind the trees.

                  And let the beauty of it all sink into my skin as I walk home thinking about supper.






No comments:

Post a Comment