Tuesday 11 September 2018

Walking and Talking and Trusting my Gut Instinct


Today I walk with dear friends along the banks of the River Otter.... walk and talk...











followed by lunch at the Otterton Mill Restaurant. Deep bowls of tomato and red pepper soup, warm cheese scones and a wedge of butter.
It is still a working flour mill ....the grinding wheels are stopped today.
But not my associations of the place....it's so full of memories of bringing visitors here....all my family as well. And always Robin.

The walking and talking is so good....and later, after supper of sweetcorn on the cob and roasted sweet potatoes and left over plum and fig and almond crumble, I sit with my friend on the sofa, sit with the cramping pain in my gut which I've had most of the day. And  I let myself feel it, and how it hurts and how it feels so much better to make room for it, to soften my heart towards it and let go of some of the resistance and fear locked up in it.

Just being kind....and trusting my gut instinct that I can heal....that  it will not always be like this.







No comments:

Post a Comment