Thursday 13 September 2018

Adorable

 Early September light illuminating the field this morning  - bright as a new sprinkling of snow. 


And a mist of dew on everything.... on grass...on leaves....on petals... 




I surprised this pussy cat crouched under the curtain of willow ...he went bounding off towards the hedge. He's the second cat I've seen in the garden....the other one is black.



Steam rising off the grass ....like fine dust left in the trail of horses hooves...


Alchemilla mollis.....ladies' mantle in the swimming pool border...

a late californian poppy...

nasturtiums....

the scent of my African childhood....




The magnificent mop head  hydrangea...

and this full blooming 

fuchsia near the patio are screening my view of the garden, so I will take cuttings if I decide to chop them down.

I love these long tailed tits...we never had them in the garden in Sylvan Road so it is a rare treat to see  them swoop in and land on the bird feeder.....


or perch in the hedge between me and my next door neighbour ....adorable.

Today...
 I buy corn on the cob, chestnut mushrooms and fat sugar snap peas in the farmers' market.

My windows are sparkling  after being hose washed by the window cleaner..wonderful to clear away all those spiders' nests.

I re-negoicate my BT telephone contract to include anytime free local and national calls  -  it will work out cheaper in the end.

I bring in the duvet covers and sheets and pillow cases which have been drying on the line. They smell of garden air.... fresh and crisp and full of autumn sunshine.

I roast last week's aubergines and courgettes with hard small onions, fresh orange turmeric, garlic and curry spiced salt. I made cauliflower rice the other day - so quick and easy....

Cut a cauliflower into chunks.
Blitz in a food processor.
Spread out on a baking tray.
Toss around in olive oil, crushed roasted cumin seeds, salt and pepper.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Stir in chopped fresh coriander.

It really does look like a pilau rice.

And tonight a dear friend became a grandmother for the first time...welcoming a brand new life into the world...totally wrapped in love and acceptance......adorable.







No comments:

Post a Comment