Friday 14 September 2018

Photo Despondency


 Since I've been here I have been watching the changes in the huge flower heads of this gorgeous  hydrangea 

which is  planted very close to the edge of the patio 
and I  always brush past it on my way to the swimming pool end of the garden.
This is what it was like when I first moved in..
starting to turn mottled pink last week ...
and some  young flowers still like this.

RecentlyI cut two fading heads and took them to Robin's grave...and some weeping willow branches as well....taking my new garden to him. 

All the photos I took today with my sister, on a walk along the footpath with wonderful far reaching views, and in the garden after my gardener had cleared away all the nettles and brambles at the far end where the stream rises, were no good at all.
In fact nearly all my photos recently have been over exposed, underexposed or blurred and the close-ups just not clear and sharp like they used to be.

I'm not sure if it's the camera...and if I should get a new one.... or if it's me and I've just lost the knack.
I'm afraid it's me. This afternoon my sister took the photo of this pussy cat that we encountered on our walk and who reminds me so much of Flapjack.  She took it on my camera and it is perfectly excellent.


I feel quite despondent about it.

My stomach has been upset for two days now. In spite of the goats' milk kefir I have drinking for several weeks now which was helping a lot. It makes me utterly miserable.


I took this photo earlier in the summer at my sister's farm, which cheers me up...maybe I do need to get a new camera..... and start loving myself more and not less.

2 comments:

  1. So good to have you back - have just discovered you after being away on holiday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear B. I'm easing myself back after a break. Hope you enjoyed yours. x

    ReplyDelete