Wednesday 19 September 2018

Five Lines


Some random photos from the last six weeks....before my camera started to go dodgy. 












Five lines tonight.
Early. 
 Untapped grief drips on my purple yoga mat while I attempt a downward dog pose.

Coffee time.
 Sun pouring into the sitting room lights up the faces of my visitors. A dear cousin and her husband.  I see that their lives shine with loving kindness in the stories they tell me.

Afternoon.
Aromas of curry leaf and cumin, garlic and ginger fill the kitchen. Lunch for a dear friend tomorrow. And the wafting comfort of an apple and blackcurrant crumble in the oven while the rain pours down on the bird table outside.

Evening.
The hot company of a fire in the grate eating up my giant bag of sawmill wood offcuts. While I learn about the machinations and the absurdities of the monarchy in the 1950s....the era I was born into.

Tonight.
More dripping. In the bath. Some days  I'm more watery than others.





No comments:

Post a Comment