Tuesday 18 September 2018

The Fishing Lake ....and Getting Hooked

On the way back from my walk I took the detour into the field where the fishing lake is ...


it has been there for many years. I think it belonged to the rectory which burnt down and was rebuilt as flats and town houses in the nineties. I can see them now through the trees at the back of my garden.....

beyond the field where the sheep graze ....the ones  I can see from the kitchen window.
These interesting carved figures stand sentinel  at the end of  one of my neighbours' gardens  

which backs onto the lake.


 I'm glad about the barbless hooks.....I could see the shoals of carp swimming under the water by

the little jetty.

The same little flock of sheep that graze in 'my' field taking shelter under a conifer 

on the far side of the lake.
The back view of my bench from the field - the view of it that the sheep have. It is tantalising to be so close to  my garden and not be able to nip over the barbed wire fence to avoid having to go back through the village. But it's just a bit too high for me.

But I have a stream and a lake.... how lucky I am ....all the water I need for now.


Today after a long and rather painful trip to the dentist ....filling and re-builindg a back tooth...


I bought large plastic  pots and bags of  compost on offer at Otter Nurseries. I have had lovely gifts of   plants and climbers for the garden but I don't want to plant them in the ground as I don't have a plan as yet ....so I'll over-winter them in pots till I do.
These golden plums were nearly breaking the branches of a tree in the car park at the nurseries.

My mouth was still sore this evening so I made a fire and a bowl of  savoury softness - rice and scrambled eggs, roasted tomatoes  and peas -  and started to watch 'The Crown' on Netflix. I joined up on Sunday after dissembling about it for months. I can see I could get hooked....barbless or not.


Still deeply disappointed in the photos...but they are all I have for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment