Friday 25 March 2016

A Good Friday Moment


Good Friday - a bright blue day. Back at Killerton House this afternoon - our second home in the country.

These love birds are printed on all the canvas deck chairs dotted around the grounds for anyone to sit in and enjoy the view.







 Stained glass window inside the chapel a little way up the hill from the house. It's  freezing cold and has that old building musty smell seeping out of the walls.Robin remembers singing there with his choir Global Harmony, many years ago. He goes and stands in the very spot where he stood with the tenors on the black and white tiled floor in front of the altar. One of his favourite things now is to listen to recordings of the choir on his computer although he can't remember the words he remembers he loved it.



























 A Good Friday moment.

After  a late lunch
while Robin sleeps,
I carry my book and cup of tea 
to the table 
 and pull one of the dining chairs
up close 
to the open patio door.

 I sit with my feet outside on the hot step
 feeling like the freckled centre
of a  wide sunflower
I lift my face up to the blinding light
in the ocean of the sky
and let the fire there
burn me
clean.





No comments:

Post a Comment