Friday 10 January 2020

Snowdrops....Lunar Eclipse....I didn't miss anything after all.

Today I didn't do any of the eighteen things on my LIST.
Bright sun and  blue sky took me  out into the garden instead,
and later to the winter/spring gardens at Killerton House where I looked for the snowdrops I had planted  in the green for Robin last year in the grounds of the Chapel.




















I didn't find them ....but spotted these instead sprinkled in small clumps under bare branched trees.
 Tonight I  kept an eye on the full moon....taking photos of it behind the trees every now and again....waiting for the lunar eclipse at 10 past 7.
 At 5 past 7  I was cooking supper, stirring French mustard into a pan of mashed parsnip and carrot and sweet potato along with crisp fried onion and garlic when I  looked out of the window and the moon had completely disappeared behind thick cloud. 
And it didn't clear till at least 7.15. So these photos are all before and after the eclipse. I missed it.
I'm not even sure what I missed but it doesn't matter... today I still had unbelievably warm sun on my face....white clouds in a blue sky above me...the first fragile crocuses in the ground at my feet....a sweet robin singing to me....an old black pussy cat to stroke....chilli and lemon oil in my supper greens....pages to turn in my novel and now a full moon in a midnight sky to light up my dreams.
I didn't miss anything after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment