Wednesday 15 January 2020

Like the swans....diving deep.

 This afternoon I share the banks of the Great Western Canal at Tiverton with the fishermen and their  multiple long extending rods like scaffolding poles...
 and with the mallards...
the bulrushes...
more
busy
mallards 
and moorhens ( red beak) Coot ( white beak...I think)
and the bridges...
and the swans..
fishing in
their own way...
diving deep..
digging deep for the best sustenance...
together...

and alone.
 It's very cold but the sunshine and reflections
are a beautiful unexpected January gift..
the skeleton tree shapes are my favourites.
It's endless work 
keeping clean if 
you are a swan.
This lifts my heart...
 they make me smile  - so much splashing...
and frolicking..
I walk till my fingers  and my camera battery

 go dead and  I turn back the way I came.
Also I'm hungry. I'm beginning to listen to my body now and instead of putting it off till later ....restricting and denying my hunger, I eat - whatever I want  - so long as it's hot and savoury or hot and sweet.
 I'm uncovering some old denial patterns - a wide seam that runs deep in me...hurts me.....and like the swans I'm diving down to the depths...searching for true sustenance...and true health.


2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful description of your walk - and your thoughts - and such vivid pictures (and as usual I'm envious of their sharpness). xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Belinda. I have got a good camera but it's always the light that makes all the difference - especially the sun and especially in winter - I'm learning not to bother even taking photos if the light is poor! Xx

    ReplyDelete