Tuesday 7 January 2020

It wouldn't be a rainbow...


 This morning my sister and I drive the 2 hours or so past Stonehenge and up the M3 to the small town of Farnham, Surrey, for her appointment with an holistic dentist.
We park near the clinic  to stop off at Waitrose for a pee and to buy painkillers.
On the way to the entrance a very sweet smiling woman  wearing a warm alpaca hat and dressed in all the colours of the rainbow stops us and comments on the colours of our clothes - peacock and turquoise, teal, sea green and deep purple. We chat very briefly and discover commonalities...she is an Aura Soma practitioner...has trained in South Africa with colours....swum with dolphins. She gives us her website address. It's as if we have known her always.

Before we part company I tell her that this morning I pulled on the old black cashmere sweater I was wearing yesterday - I only wear it at home - black near my face kills my skin tone. At the last minute I decided to change and put on the baggy bear jumper I don't often wear -  the colour of deep amethyst.
Would she have stopped if I'd been wearing black I wonder....why did I change at the last minute....would we have missed this lovely chance encounter.... our paths crossing like that .... at that particular moment in Waitrose carpark...and we don't even live in the same county....a smile and a colour connecting us....

It reminds me there is so much more at work here than the eye sees or the heart knows....we are always in safe hands....there is some bigger, more gracious picture....it's not all random.
And  we are all one.... all connected....it wouldn't  be a rainbow if one of the colours was missing.


2 comments: