Monday 27 January 2020

'Within Sorrow is Grace'.

February 2011
Walking with my father. Budleigh beach. After throwing rose petals into the estuary in honour of my cousin who died. ...too young...watching them float out to the big sea.

Today in my therapy session I walked beside my ancestors....tapping into something in their essence ...beliefs which have somehow become part of my essence...unquestioned....informing my way of being....maybe time to try on another skin.

Their hearts were good and loving....their beliefs rooted in duty and sacrifice...self denial in the name of being instruments of God's will....and always in service to others.

I have walked a tightrope between 
"Don't blow your own trumpet"
and
"Don't hide your light under a bushel."
Hard to get that one right.

And now I'm exploring how to serve without hurting/losing/denying myself.
 New water to swim in....how to live my true nature.


Within sorrow is grace. 

When we come close to those things that break us down,

 we touch those things that also break us open.

 And in that breaking open, we uncover our true nature.
- Wayne Muller -



3 comments:

  1. Good quote from Wayne Muller. I thought about it all day yesterday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to know that Belinda - thank you. I thought about you and your novel watching Little Women last night...her bravery and determination in the face of self doubt to write and be published...and yours too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so kind of you to say that (about the writing) and so helpful. It's all about self-doubt and self-belief! xx

    ReplyDelete