Friday 4 October 2019

I'll think about that tomorrow.


I didn't take any photos today so these are some random colour from my archives.

When lovely friends have gone home 
and I've washed up the curry lunch,
 and nibbled away at the left -over chocolate brownies,
 and made Nigella's Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
 with date and orange frosting,
for a friend's 30 birthday,
I re-examine the  photocopy plans of my house 
that I signed off  this morning 
for approval by building control.

And I see what my friends saw when I showed them the designs....all the things that don't work...don't make sense, that could be better...
that the shower room is much too big...that there are too many doors...not enough storage space in the utility room...and why is it a covered porch and not an enclosed space....and could the loo and the utility room be swopped over?
I go round and round in circles and measure everything ...what size is the smallest shower tray I could get away with....if I had a window instead of a door there would it give me radiator space?
And is it too late anyway?
Probably not - could just be costly to change things at this stage.
I don't want to ring my architect and find out.

So I make another cup of tea and escape into my book - Old Filth by Jane Gardam- till the story takes me over and I'm lost in a world long gone ...nothing to do with my life ...but so well written....a perfect  distraction.
So like Scarlett O'Hara, I'll think about that tomorrow....
and maybe nothing is ever too late anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment