Wednesday 25 September 2019

Thumb Relief and Go Create

Photos below taken on Monday. 
It's raining so hard this morning I don't want to get my camera out.
The rain silences the birds...the cows..the sheep.
The only sound is water sloshing in my water bottle in my back pack. And the pattering  of rain drops  from the trees falling on my umbrella.
I dry off and drive in to Exeter for my appointment with our lovely osteopath/chiropracter /man with miracle hands. He works on my back...and diagnoses a  muscle sprain and my pelvis has tipped out of alignment. I can bend forward much more easily afterwards. It's still sore but not worried sore.
He says no inflammation in my thumb.... so not arthritis ....more likely to be a pulled ligament.....too much weeding maybe....but I'm so relieved. Just knowing that makes the pain lighter somehow.
That and remembering to be nicer to myself.
 Later I sit with a friend who is laid low, weakened with a mystery illness...waiting for blood test results and a CAT scan. Living with so much uncertainty and worry....my heart hurts for her and her family.
At home, since the rain has stopped, I sit on the step of the summer house with my bowl of hot veggies and rice, my bare feet on the soaking wet grass, and think about the ions flowing between me and the earth....soaking up my harsh-on-myself thoughts.

Back in the  summer...only weeks ago but also a whole season ago....I found this green colouring pencil lying directly in my the path. I picked it up and read the words printed on the side...
GO CREATE.
 It does feel like an instruction from above...a  clear message from the Universe...but at the moment I'm not sure how to carry it out....not sure what if anything I'm creating. I'm preparing to create my house/home/garden but that's not the same as doing it.
Maybe I'm creating the space in me ...somehow.... in a haphazard, bumbling along, letting go, holding on fashion...for something else to arise.

I did re-create the flavours of summer for my supper tonight ... a perfectly ripe avocado dip, fragrant with herbs I cut from pots outside the kitchen...basil, mint, Vietnamese coriander, chives and oregano.....mashed up with Carluccio's lemon oil, crushed garlic and chilli flakes. 
And ate it watching non professional chefs delighting themselves with their creativity on Celebrity Masterchef. 


5 comments:

  1. 'Go create' seems like an instruction for me too (in that I'm trying to create a new me now that both my parents are dead - and it's no use patching up the old one - I have to put something completely new in its place). As always, your blog speaks straight to me. Thank you for all your honesty. We HSPs have to stick together! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly do! So pleased Go Create resonates with you....maybe the process to find the new me involves slowly uncovering what is already there ...my true nature ....letting it shine through beyond all the layers of old conditioning and habit....xx

      Delete
    2. Exactly. You put it perfectly as ever. Finding the real - joyful - us beyond the conditioning, habit and pain.

      Delete
  2. So glad about the back and the thumb. Knowing something isn't chronic or serious makes all the difference, doesn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not chronic or serious...thank you...yes it certainly helps....makes it easier to be kind to the pain! xx

      Delete