Wednesday 4 September 2019

The Fruit Salad Basin and Adorable Cows

My walk this morning is to my hair appointment  in Exeter,
through Northernhay Gardens at the top of the town. It's full of memories....
when we first moved to Exeter and Robin had an office in the city I used to walk in at lunchtime  with 2 plastic boxes of salads and we would sit in these gardens on a bench and eat it and make plans about the house.
And now it's another lifetime and I'm making plans about this house....
without him....
and sometimes I don't know how that is possible.

I keep thinking about this beautiful/impractical/expensive hand basin that I saw in a bathroom showroom this afternoon in Exeter  ( the salesman calls it The Fruit Salad Bowl)  when I'm doing research into baths and showers and tiles and getting overwhelmed with so many choices ....and Robin not here to help me....and say  " don't be ridiculous"
or
" if you really love it you can have it".

This evening I walk down to the end of the garden and introduce myself to these four adorable young cows.
Who are also curious about me..

and come right up to the fence ..to check me out...

and also to eat the 

lush grass 

growing under the brambles.

I don't know them well enough yet but I can see they are all 

totally different and have their own personalities.
I was so touched when suddenly the slightly bigger, almost black one  turned round and nuzzled the nose of the smaller, more rusty coloured one ..a sweet brief caress...before he carried on chomping.
I don't want to leave them but it's starting to rain and  I want to make supper before I watch 
Celebrity Masterchef....and take my mind off new bathroom decisions.





2 comments:

  1. I so sympathise with your bathroom dilemmas. There is just so much choice. Love your young cows. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much more choice than when we did our house renovations 15 years ago...and your bathroom looks lovely and I know it wasn't easy! xx

    ReplyDelete