Wednesday 11 September 2019

A Place of Natural Beauty

This morning I extract the aluminium ladder from the garage and 

the young structural engineer who wears good brown leather shoes and has a cold, climbs it and peers into my loft to inspect the joists. He lifts carpet in the bedroom to check the floorboards, taps the walls for solidity in the sitting room,

and shakes his head in puzzlement at the odd ceiling levels in my extended kitchen and study. He measures the new extension and helps me visualise how it will look in the end.
 Everything he does is vital for the next stage....to make sure it complies with building control regulations.
One step closer to having a design to show to 3 different  builders.

The next rung on the ladder. 
I realise I could become boring on this blog about details of my house project...


This afternoon two garden designers of 30 years experience, a husband and wife team ( he does the landscaping plans, she does the planting plans) walk around my garden  

in the drizzling rain. The conversation is of drainage and curves, steps and patios,

bamboo arches and trailing roses, wild flower borders, mown grass paths and  glinting fountains.

" It all depends on what you want to achieve in the garden," she says.

A place of natural beauty and tranquility.
A place to nourish and restore.
Me, 
and anyone who comes to share it with me.


2 comments: