Wednesday 2 May 2018

The Sun...the Sunset....Restoring Trust

The sun shining on the garden this morning.

It transforms everything. Including me.

Walking round the Killerton estate this afternoon ....the rhododendrons and azeleas on fire with light.











And the wild 'shirt buttons' and pink campion and blue bells under the trees -  soft carpets of spring rolling down the grassy banks.







Red maple stars....
in the days before fridges...

and always a robin redbreast close by...I often hear him even if I don't see him....this one catching a fly or an ant....something tasty.
The private chapel in the grounds...
and the sound of shrieking crows

follows me everywhere.

 Back home I listen to an interview with the medical medium Anthony William who has some interesting things to say about optimum health. He says there is a strong connection between adrenal fatigue ( which affects 80 percent of Americans - and me too) and gut problems - me too.

Instead of 3 meals a day - graze, i.e. eat every 2 hours to help the adrenals. And drink 16 oz of pure celery juice to help restore the gut flora. Who knows - worth a try.

I also like what he says about restoring trust.  Something most of us have lost.
Watch the sun setting as often as you can. Even for a few minutes. And the sunrise too.  Make it a habit to stop and connect to the sun going down.
To be mindful that the sun sets and that it will return the next morning empowers the soul to trust. It is one thing that will never let you down.


I tried it this evening at 8.25pm. Sitting on the stairs looking out of the top landing window which is the best view I have of the sky over the roof tops. Not a glorious sunset. And I'm unlikely to see the sunrise. But it did remind me of my favourite quote from Rabindranath Tagore,


Fatih 
is the 
bird
that
sings 
to the
dawn
while
it is
still
dark. 



No comments:

Post a Comment