Tuesday 8 May 2018

A River of Apple Blossom

I spent most of our mini heatwave bank holiday in the garden...

relishing the glorious heat and the uninterrupted time to plant up my patio pots 

with little geraniums, begonias, violas and marguerite daisies...time to dither about what to put in each one.
I  always think I buy the 'wrong' bedding - too much of something - this time it's lobelia -  and not enough pink or white or red....and then worry the slugs will eat them all anyway.

And on Sunday I thought I was foolish to buy summer annuals anyway as I don't know if I'll still be here in August....

This sweet robin was my frequent companion ....soothing my indecisiveness....reminding me to breathe... and keep planting the future.

The apple blossom has never been

so beautiful ...so bridal....

so profuse...

unless I just forgot ....and it's like this every year.

I was so thrilled to see this woodpecker on the bird feeder...I think it's the first one ever in the garden....but I may just have forgotten...

maybe it's better to just think everything is new...and for the first time...as if the past didn't happen....or rather that now is more important than the past.


I had all the windows and doors open in the house long into the evening ...as if it was summer already....this bee flew in and landed on the kitchen curtain....mistaking it for nectar.

Today
The first thing I noticed when I came downstairs was this little  robin...flitting about the garden...coming right on to the patio...fearless... close to the house...

picking out bits of material from the homemade compost in my pots...maybe for nest building.


 At 10am I am due to have a follow up conversation with one of the lovely house whisperers who came last month to help me.... and Robin ....release whatever we need to, to clear the energy in the house. Which they did wonderfully but I'm still feeling a lot of tension and pressure around moving, buying and selling.....which isn't flowing 

At 9am the estate agent rang and made an appointment for a couple to come back for a second viewing of the house this afternoon.

And at the end of this day....after my conversation, she did help me to feel much clearer... and after the viewing which is inconclusive ....I have a feeling that I will still be  here in the summer. There is still more work to do about integrating everything that has happened with Robin...still more work to do about what I want to move towards in my future...


And when I feel clear about all that ....selling and finding the right place.... and moving on... will all start to flow. Like a river of apple blossom on the breeze.



4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden you have, and what lovely bird pictures, especially your robin. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats' odd I thought I published a reply to you Belinda . Anyway I said thanks and how lovely the garden is in the spring - I will miss it. And I'm sure there will a Robin wherever I go! X

      Delete
  2. View the planting of annuals like planting a tree- you may not be there to see the result, but someone else will get to enjoy them/it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, thanks Sage for the reminder. And I realise I have an oak tree in pot that I can take with me too! X

      Delete