Thursday 31 May 2018

The Beginning of a new Summer



Down by the riverside....














In spite of phone calls from the estate agent during lunch in a cafe, I had a break from moving house stuff today....a lovely afternoon out with dear friends in Tiverton.

This morning in the farmers's market they had run out of eggs but I fell on the last few remaining sugar snap peas and scooped them up greedily - my absolute favourite  - must be eaten raw. And I bought a brown paper bag lumpy with the first broad beans of the year.....the first of everything in a new season always tastes wonderful.

I was surprised to see carrots from Italy though on the stall - the first time ever as they pride themselves on only selling their own locally grown organic vegetables. When I asked why I was told it has been such a cold winter that their carrots just didn't germinate. Needless to say I couldn't bring myself to buy them. Which makes me ridiculously hypocritical when the other day I bought green beans from Kenya in the supermarket which were't even organic because I needed them for a recipe  I was making.

Tonight I tried to read and understand the follow on report from the meeting I had recently with my financial advisor which triggered me into the past.  I realised how ridiculous it was too as my mind is far too spongy to take in new information when I'm tired and emotional...so I'm being kind and leaving it till the morning ...which will be June 1st.....the beginning of a new summer. ...



No comments:

Post a Comment