Wednesday 23 May 2018

....blessed by robins.

I watched this sweet robin nibbling crumbs on the picnic table next 

to the one I was sitting at with a dear friend for lunch

on Sunday at the NT's Parke estate at Bovey Tracey on the edge of Dartmoor.

My friend says she always sees more robins when I'm out walking with her than when she walks on her own.  I see a robin nearly every day -  always in our garden and whenever I'm out.


 This morning one flew down from the apple tree when my sister and I were sitting in the sun on the patio, and stayed a little while perched on the low brick wall, eying the bird seed I've scattered there. He always feels like he's visiting me and giving me his blessing.



It was before we set off to Plymouth to pick up her sweet granddaughter from school and take her back home where she was very keen to show us her tadpoles, given to her by her grandma, which have started to grow tiny legs and a long tail. 

And how it was time to transfer them to another 

bowl and give them fresh

water and more lettuce to feed on.
Soon they will be frogs.

Today was also the day a dear friend became a grandmother for the first time. A precious new life blessing hers.


And tonight, after waiting all day for a phone call which never came, I got the good news I have been    hoping and praying for. My offer accepted on a house I saw and loved two weeks ago.
 Not the same one, the new eco house I saw and loved in Topsham...the one that started me on this journey of letting go of our home...letting go of Robin and the life we had here....but another one....not that far from here.... on the edge of a village ....one that fits me better ....where I can imagine myself being happy again. 

Surrounded by a garden blessed by robins.




2 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased for you about the house and I love the way you describe it as a place you can imagine being happy again. What a lovely way to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Belinda. I didn't really know it till I saw it. But it does feel like I've been guided there. What an abundant universe....X

    ReplyDelete