Monday 21 May 2018

After The Wedding.

On Saturday 

after watching 


the Royal Wedding

on TV - 

I loved every moment of it- 


I walked along 


the banks of the Tiverton canal....

in glorious sunshine. And when this barge came into view round a bend in the canal

I could't help but remember my father's



 90th birthday celebration
 

 we had here with the family in 2009,


taking a long slow trip 


on this same old horse-drawn



canal barge.

Same boat but

different horse, which my father loved.


And I couldn't also help remembering all the times I walked here with Robin.

The highlight of Harry and Meghan's wedding for me was Bishop Michael Curry's wonderful sermon - the redemptive power of love to change the world. And more than a billion people round the world heard that message....imagine if we all acted on it...


The other image which will always stay with me is beautiful composure of Doria Ragland, Meghan Markle's mother, sitting by herself in the pew of St George's chapel watching her daughter make her vows to her prince. Vulnerable, strong and heartbreakingly alone.




2 comments:

  1. Vulnerable, strong and heartbreakingly alone - you put it perfectly. What an amazing day that was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Belinda It is still reverberating with me too X

    ReplyDelete