Monday 9 January 2017

At The Zoo


























Some of the bird life at Paignton Zoo. Mammals tomorrow.



On Sunday I'm invited to celebrate my great-niece's 3rd birthday at Paignton Zoo.
I'm not a fan of zoos as I don't like the idea of animals in captivity. I haven't been to one for 35 years. 

But who could resist her and her sweet delight in everything?

And walking around the big spacious aviaries, open enclosures and lakes and woodlands and tropical houses I changed my mind about zoos - at least this one - which was good and caring and informative, with the welfare of the animals and birds at its heart. Giving so much pleasure - and not just to 3 year olds.



My breakfast on Saturday - trying to return to normal. But my heart not really in it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment