Monday 23 January 2017

Marmalade,Chia Seeds and Nothing Flows

















My cold keeps me indoors at the weekend. Saturday is bitterly cold. I just want to be with myself and not think too much. And I eat too much.












 On Sunday I walk by the river in beautiful winter light.





And I make marmalade. I miscalculate setting point.When the jars are cold I find the contents are still quite runny. I decide I will have to re-boil it. But I can't face it so choose to just have runny marmalade. And find people to give it to who like it that way.

Yet again I'm making marmalade this winter with a funeral in the offing.


And I make Chia Seed Pudding.  So easy. So delicious. So dairy free.

The basic recipe is chia seeds - which make it thick -   oat milk or almond milk, sweetened with a little honey and vanilla essence.
Then you add any fruit  eg banana, raspberries, and chopped roasted nuts or seeds and have it like a pot of yoghurt for dessert or for breakfast.

 The above I made with chia seeds, coconut milk, maple syrup and passionfruit and banana and a sprinkling of linseed, pumpkin seed and gogi berries on top. Very more-ish.


Crows in the apple tree after the fog cleared this afternoon.

This morning in spite of my cold, I feel relaxed and stretched after lovely gentle yoga class.

 The I get all wound up and stressed about my travel arrangements to London on Friday. I'm going to Jeffrey's funeral, want to combine it with seeing and travelling with friends who are also going....it's complicated.

 Then I get stressed about my printer not working.....but luckily my sister arrives and listens to my worries....and we take her printer and mine to the shop but neither of them gets fixed. Nothing flows today.
So we come home and have tea and chia pudding instead.

Later I  finally write and post the condolence card I haven't been able to write all weekend although it's been constantly on my mind. I received so many wonderful cards and messages and calls and emails after Robin died. Each one meant so much to me.

 It's 3 months ago tomorrow. 
Sometimes it feels like 300 years ago. And sometimes it feels like yesterday.  Both still beyond belief.



No comments:

Post a Comment