Friday 15 March 2019

Heart Hurting and Burning

 I've had my head down most of the  day....making my self stay at  my desk...money stuff to work out...income and expenditure ...preparing for a review with financial advisor... and doing 6 months of filing.....not my strong point ....any of it.

As I haven't been out all day, except to the end of the garden to see what the men in the next door  field are doing - cutting down young trees with strimmers, Radio 2 tearing through the air  -  and to walk up and down the boundary hazel hedge ....hoping the dormice aren't as disturbed as I am, 
 I'm  just posting random photos of this day, or close to it, over the last 10 years.

March 2009 
Flapjack in our garden.

March 2010
In the top field of my sister's farm.

March 2011
Edinburgh

March 2012
The Algarve

March 2013
My first sweet great niece

March 2014
Carrot  and Orange cake for dear friend's birthday

March 2015
Lunch in spring sunshine in our garden

March 2016
Horsemanship in the waves along Sidmouth beach

March 2017
First time alone in the Algarve in our timeshare.

March 2018
Dunnock splashing in wedding present birdbath in our garden.
And all day while I've been embroiled in the smallness of my domestic life I've been haunted by the slaughter in Christchurch this morning, my heart hurting and burning  for New Zealand and its shock and loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment