Wednesday 6 March 2019

Gnocchi and the Right House



Lovely long lunch today with dear friend in glass domed restaurant.
Rosemary spiked gnocchi two ways ( on Masterchef it's usually cauliflower three ways) - deep fried crispy balls and soft little squares. In a herb nage ....the delicate poaching liquid it is cooked in.  We  had to ask - I haven't heard the term before either. Served with a selection of green vegetables and small cubes of winter vegetable it was filling and delicious.

But the most delicious thing was lovely company and having time out from thinking about architect's designs and also having another pair of re-assuring eyes looking over the plans.

Later I drove past the plot of land where the house I nearly bought this time last year was being built. Now completed.  New owners. With a fence around the small square garden.
And I offered up a huge thank you - for not being the right one but for leading me to this house which is the right one.


It was so wonderful to be back home out of the noise and traffic - which would have been surrounding me in the not right house - to the beauty and peace of my not at all small or square garden. 
 And to find a delivery - a  rather damp cardboard box of RSPB bird food -  sitting on the sunburst bench on the back patio. 
Giving me a reason to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment