Monday 13 June 2016

Fritters and My Father

















Dartmoor ponies ...near Princetown .....near Dartmoor prison. I'm glad they are free to run wild.








Rare breed chickens at Buckland Abbey on Dartmoor on Saturday.














Buckland Abbey is one of my all time favourite National Trust properties. The gardens are so beautiful and however many people there are visiting it still has a wonderful peacefulness about it.














Saturday supper. I made feta cheese and spring onion fritters with roast sweet potatoes, the gift of mizumi leaves and Friday's salsa verde.

Recipe For Herby Feta Fritters - Dairy and gluten free

Crumble  half a block of feta cheese into a bowl. Add a chopped spring onion and a handful of herbs eg. Parsley, chives and oregano and a teaspoon of ground roasted cumin and S&P. 

Beat 2 eggs with a cup of almond or rice milk and a couple of tablespoons of rice flour and pour into the cheese mixture. 
Fry tablespoonfuls in a non stick pan brushed with a little oil till golden brown and turn over half way through.
Serve warm with anything you like - salsa verde is good. 

Also nice cold as a snack in your fingers the next day.



Today I heard a recording of my father's voice taken off  a friend's old answer phone in 2011. Just a few seconds ......a message wishing her well for a preaching assignment the next day.

.....I was talking to Tricia yesterday and she said you have done a huge amount of work on it....so now just leave it....you have done your best ...and can leave the rest to the Holy Spirit.


It was so extraordinary to hear his very familiar voice like that out of the blue. It felt like he was also talking to me...I've been asking for help.... it would be such a relief to hand it all over to someone else.....and now it feels like I have my father's blessing ..... instead of trying to do it on my own, asking for the Light of the Universe to work through me ....for the good of everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment