Wednesday 4 October 2017

Affogato Without Drowning


My sweet great niece


filling her heart basket with cherry tomatoes


and chilli peppers


in her grandmother's green house


on Saturday.


Today

Lunch with a friend. 
After mediocre macaroni cheese,
Let's have a dessert.
On the menu is
Affogato. 
What's that?

I know what it is
but I've never eaten or made it.
Scoops of vanilla
ice cream 
drowned 
in
a  tiny
hot 
expresso coffee.

I don't like the
bitterness of expresso coffee
and never drink it
so I don't know why I ordered it.

Not listening to my inner wisdom.

But sometimes now I do listen.

And I let myself 
weep
for the bitterness
of my
loss.
Without
drowning 
in it.



The ice cream moon tonight outside my window.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post - and thank you for reminding me about the full moon. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B. I forgot about the moon too till I drew the curtains and there it was....floating behind the clouds! TX

    ReplyDelete