Wednesday 6 July 2016

Snails and Getting Soaked



 My great niece today,



eating all the chocolate icing for the cup cakes she made ...



watering the agapanthus grown from a seed  collected from the garden of her great great grandfather in South Africa......


watering the garden.....


herself...


and me.




Exploring the world of snails..


collecting them with Grandma..




and wondering how they feel on your hand...


very sticky...



When we get home Robin's lovely carer says he hasn't eaten or drunk anything the whole time I have been away - 6 hours.  So while my sister plays draughts with him ( he wins every time) I go and buy chips...and we have them with fried eggs and baked beans. I feed Robin the egg mayonnaise salad lunch I left for  him this morning and he drinks half a glass of water and eats a bowl of mashed banana and yogurt.

Before she leaves, his carer tells me he had difficulty getting out of her car. She shows me how to use the handling belt, demonstrating on my sister, how to get him up with out straining yourself. The occupational therapist gave it to  me  last week - it came with the bed - but I didn't know how to use it. She says I should accept everything they offer me. She has a client who uses a hoist. She says Robin may need one eventually. Can't get my head round that one tonight...

I 'd rather remember the face of my sweet great niece today as she accidentally sprays me with water and chuckles with such glee.

Talking of water I like this note from the Universe this morning ....

It's not as if the currents of life must be studied, examined, charted, explained, plied or channelled, in order to be effortlessly ridden upon.
Besides you'd get soaked.

From The Universe.






No comments:

Post a Comment