Tuesday 7 June 2016

Waiting and Looking



















If I hadn't been waiting for a phone call this morning I would have missed  this young black bird taking a dip in our nearly empty bird bath.

Waiting isn't really an activity.  Except I make it into one. The woman from the DWP ( Dept of Work and Pensions) said I would get an emergency call back within 3 hours.  This was after I called about why we have to fill in these long Personal Independent Payment forms when I've already send in a form claiming under special rules - i.e. if you have a terminal illness. Which is supposed to speed everything up.

 There was so much I could have done - except go shopping or hoover or cut the grass which would have masked the sound of the phone ringing - but I found myself totally paralysed and could only sit and look at the sun on the garden and go over and over in my mind what the outcome would be. What I wanted it to be. And notice my critical thoughts about how I was squandering these precious few hours while Robin was out with his lovely Age UK care worker.

After 3 hours no call back and I have to go out. A friend comes round and waits while I ring the DWP
I seems I was given the wrong information. The call back is within 48 hours not 3 - and then a case worker will speak to me and decide if we have to fill in the forms or not - or some other forms.

So more waiting tomorrow. But this time I know I can wait and do at the same time.....even if it's just looking at the garden and enjoying it instead of thinking I could be doing something else.






No comments:

Post a Comment