Friday 24 June 2016

Irrevocably Changed


























The best thing about today -  which was relentlessly brimming over with caring - was being in the garden, in rain and sunshine, with a dear friend who made magic with all the bedding plants I bought recently. She brought colour and design and beauty to the patio, and much more, while I  stood on a ladder and hacked at the tenacious ivy stems creeping into the gutters and around the air vent for the boiler.

It helped to numb the feeling of shock and sadness I woke up to this morning to learn we have left the EU....although I knew it in the early hours watching the referendum results come in.....still not wanting to believe it. Then the PM resigning.... the stock market crashing.....the rescue by the Bank of England.....all this separation and division and divorce...and isolation...it all feels  intuitively wrong to me.....and to 48 percent of the  people in the country as well.

Maybe something good will come of it ....52 percent of the people think so....but tonight all I can feel  is my country wounded, untethered, severed, bleeding.....irrevocably changed.  Or maybe it's just me.....seeing out there what's happening in my life.....as Robin loosens his grip on his own life....irrevocably changing mine.


2 comments:

  1. Your blog and your photographs are still so beautiful to me. I don't have any words to say except that I am still here, reading and feeling empathy for you. (and feeling sad and a little scared about leaving Europe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nina I am so touched that you are still here and reading me - I had no idea - you have been with me on my journey since 2010 and you say such lovely things - thank you and bless you on your own very creative journey. Big hug Xx

    ReplyDelete