Friday 31 May 2019

Faith in Nature...and Vodaphone

Just a few things in my whole long day ...

I buy big bunches of heavenly scented sweet peas and sweet williams from  the man who sells his vegetables and flowers from the back of  a trailer outside the village shop every Friday .
Their perfume .....and memories of my mother.... fill every room in the  house.
These are the colours I want to bring my new bedroom to life.



When I ring Vodaphone, the woman  I speak to is endlessly patient and persistent and even rings me back on the landline when we are cut off...mobile reception in this house in the country is dreadful...and I  know she won't give up till she has helped me understand what I need to do regarding how I use my data.
When I thank her for being so helpful she says I have made her day...and I reply that she has made mine. A kind voice representing a giant faceless company....restoring my faith in service.

Hanging upside down.....cute 

baby blue tit.



Juveniles  - starling, thrush, blackbird.

My favourite of the three...

This bee has some sort of red bundles on his legs...I couldn't get close enough to see what they were before he moved on to the next nectar trap.

An experiment - half a coconut filled with suet and seeds - I wasn't sure the birds would go for it - but they do and clean in out in a day.

Lovely to see the nuthatch...

Weeding in the border this afternoon...this campanula reminds me of my mother as well.
She is alway with me when I garden - I learnt so much from her about plants and about planting.


So good to see the little birds on the feeders - so often colonised by the starlings now

Later I set up a Direct Debit to a company who campaigns to save the bees...I want to halt the bee decline but I frequently feel utterly helpless and hopeless in the face of the world's problems.... 







So I feed the birds and water my garden pots.... and love my small patch of green beauty...  take care of it as best I can without using sprays and pesticides.....and hope that is enough.I have a deep faith in  nature...
 its constant growth and regeneration is certainly restoring my soul... especially if I don't let the weeds overwhelm me..... or the lupins. 



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. Wonderful pics. Is it pollen on the bee's legs? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling "nobody wants to be first".jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school
    jogos io 2019

    ReplyDelete