Tuesday 28 May 2019

Foodie Weekend ...and Hurting

A birthday celebration lunch with dear friends at the Riverford Field Kitchen Restaurant ....based on  their own  organic food....grown and farmed near Totnes. I've been many times and never been disappointed. On Saturday our selection of all vegetarian dishes....shared among a table of six - was fabulously fresh and bursting with the flavour of herbs and spices and loving care. 






And the desserts were sumptuous...


my lemon meringue pie and chocolate nemesis cake were surprisingly light and not too sweet....all perfect.
Another lovely birthday celebration - my  sister's -  on Sunday at Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's River Cottage food festival .... beautiful location....
such interesting stalls... all natural ....food...cosmetics ...clothes... tools
packed with families and people just enjoying themselves...peacefully...quietly...organically..
and adorable 
owls - this one called Solo...
and round, liquid-eyed..
softer than soft
smiling
alpacas.
Our pre-lunch snack..veggie chips with wild garlic mayo.....just what we wanted as it was getting a bit chilly. Such a heart warming day....all of it.
Today I drive to Dorchester to meet up with a dear friend who I haven't seen for a long while.
I listen to the radio on the way...a programme about our seriously declining bee population.
I notice that my right arm is stiff...from playing basketball and badminton in the garden with my sweet great-nephew yesterday.
And how my heart is hurting for his father.


3 comments:

  1. The food looks sumptuous. My mouth is watering! Love the alpacas. Love the views. So sorry about the ending. I don't know what it means but I hope all works out. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for loving it all, Belinda. I don't mean to be cryptic- just can't write about it yet.... it's illness... we don't know if it's going to work out yet... but staying hopeful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling "nobody wants to be first".jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school
    jogos io 2019

    ReplyDelete