Friday 3 May 2019

Slippage









Internet connection problems tonight.
 And now it's late.

This afternoon I sit in old Ikea chair
covered in soft blanket
sun slanting onto my shoulder 
and warming the sore side of my face.
Ninety minutes in the dentist's chair -
drilling,
water suction pipes,
rubber dam,
amalgam chipped away,
chemical flavour plasticine mould
pressed against gums
temporary filling
and bridge to be fitted.

 Now lopsided lips
only soup sipped 
hours ago.

Laptop open -
 deleting emails from years ago
 2013
2014
to make space,
keeping a few from Robin
with his lines of kisses
and exclamation marks
 at the end of every message.

And still the flashing words appear
on the top right of my screen
"Your disc is nearly full."

 I'm waiting for architect's phone call.
When it comes  this evening
we re-design 
some of the old design - 
move doors
and windows
keep walls.

But there is slippage - 
time has melted away
from winter 
to spring 
and summer will be over,
autumn too late
to start knocking down,
digging foundations.
Builders' calendars
already full.

Aim for next spring 
he says.
A whole year 
of moments 
to live
now 
and now
and now.
Not the  ones 'done and dusted by Christmas'
that I'd hoped for.


1 comment:

  1. I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit.jogos io
    jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete