Thursday 1 September 2016

Little Happinesses














In my family constellation session this afternoon - cut short to fit in another meeting with nice CPN before I have to pick up Robin from The Mede - we talk about how I can find little happinesses within the overwhelming giant responsibility of the caring role I have taken on -it's just the way I do it - in an overburdened kind of way....

So two little happinesses today.

Buying these heavenly scented sweet peas from a stall  at the side of the road and a bunch of beans and a plastic box of ripe tomatoes all organic and ridiculously cheap and even though I already bought flat beans and brandy wine tomatoes in the market this morning - I can't resist them. 


And a second little happiness - biting into one of these Victoria plums also bought in the market this morning  - ridiculously expensive - especially as I remember the bumper crop I picked at the allotment  this time last year. But at least I felt confident to bite these without the risk of encountering a wriggly pink worm at the core.
 

I didn't have time to call care agencies today...but it is feeling more and more urgent that I do. Will have time tomorrow  morning  after the speech and language therapist has been to assess Robin for some form of communication aids.

Hopefully a more useful meeting than the one this morning from the convine nurse who came ( late) to fit Robin for a self adhesive urinary sheath - a sort of temporary catherer - for emergencies if he is out all day or so that other people don't have to take him to the loo.

He says it's uncomfortable and I know he won't wear it. I don't blame him.It's a bit of a nightmare to get on and off.....I feel quite traumatised by the whole thing..... although he is dignified and tolerant.

Not one of my little happinesses today.





No comments:

Post a Comment