Thursday 31 October 2013

Whistling Here Now



Getting ready to go away on holiday for a week - washing tee shirts, buying toothpaste, checking out library DVDs, clearing out the wrinkled carrots at the bottom of the fridge, peeling and cooking a mountain of apples....and not actually packing.....wanting to be there without going through the process of getting there.

I suppose that's like wishing my life away....missing the gifts along the journey while my eyes are fixed on the view up ahead......I've never been a very relaxed traveller though. Being here now sounds so easy but I find it the hardest thing. My husband seems to manage it .....something I could learn from him. 

I wonder if whistling helps him to stay present. It's a cheerful thing to do.....except when it's the same tune (an Abba song - Money Money Money - it's a rich man's world) and it's all the time.....not sure how to be here now when I think I'm going mad with it drilling into my head....

But a phrase comes back to me from somewhere - 

Include it.

It's me imagining my life would be better without it that causes me all this angst...

I'll be back in ten days or so - hopefully with sand in my shoes and light in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment