Friday 25 October 2013

Hide and Seek



The sky looked a bit like this French one this evening, when my husband and I walked by a muddy brown river, in spitting rain and occasional sun-bursts through the clouds.



A peace dove on a Levada walk in Madeira.....for the man who died in a car crash on the  M5 yesterday.



My old straw hat bought on our honeymoon Greek island....finding itself in a red Devon field....




Random photos.

Random moments from the last few days......


 Wednesday - lovely soup and salads and spiced roast sweet potatoes round a table with two dear women.....cups of tea and flapjack..... listening  and laughing.... making more dates to meet in the diary....threading the gift of them into the future....

 Yesterday, in the car with my sister on our way to Bristol, crawling along the motorway, finally driving past the jack-knifed lorry and mangled van straddling both sides of the M5 - metal bits littered across the tarmac....praying no one died.  But on the news last night they said the man driving the van was killed.
We are late for our appointment and so are hundreds of other people sitting in their cars and lorries -  but today we are all safe, in our families -  still breathing. I'm so grateful it wasn't our time to go -  like it was for the man in the van.

Pretending I can't see my sweet great-nephew when he's hiding under the table, looking everywhere but there, knowing he's watching me and then his squeals of delight, his huge bubbling laugh when he's found.....rushing away to hide and be found again....

Coming home and finding the letter we've been waiting for - from the Magistrates Court -  with the date of the summons for my husband to appear for his speeding offence....in a few weeks time. A relief to have a date but my head full of what ifs ....if he's disqualified. And practising my new resolution to trust in any outcome as being for the best - even though it may not feel like it yet.....

 Buying a game called SET (matching cards according to shape/colour/design) and downloading it onto my ipad so my husband can play it when we go on holiday next week....he's much quicker than me at it....but then he always was quick and bright in the games department ......good to know his competitive spirit is alive and well and not affected by semantics.....








No comments:

Post a Comment