Wednesday 4 December 2019

Vegetable Soup and The Griefs that Still Sting


I'm having intermittent internet connection...I can't upload my Portuguese  photos....except these few...I've been trying to post a blog.... but now losing the will to live...so just a few words.

Our lovely Portuguese friends treated us to a weekend away up the north  coast of Portugal in the very unspoilt Alentejo region in a town called Villa Nova de Milfuentes. 

The Atlantic coast is much more dramatic and wilder than the Algarve. I loved it. More photos tomorrow I hope.








I paint more walls and the ceiling in the second small bedroom.....using up an old tin of  Crown Brilliant White which is too thin and there isn't enough.... it needs a second coat....


I drive to B & Q for more and end up having a brain storm in the light fittings aisle.....overwhelmed by too much choice and too little  electrical knowledge...


Tonight, making a curried vegetable soup for tomorrow's Grief Ritual and Meditation day with some dear friends and  our lovely cranio-sacral therapist, I step out into the dark garden to cut some herbs and find that the huge spreading plant of Vietnamese Basil  has been stung by the frost. I love its sharp pungent, sword leaves so a I cut a big bunch to put in the freezer for the months ahead and chop up a handful for the soup.

I stir in a can of coconut milk and think about Robin...and all the griefs that still sting me ...the early ones as well that stretch back and back ....still carrying them in my cells.


2 comments:

  1. You echo what I was thinking today - how memories can dominate and overwhelm the present. Is it age or is it a stage?? Mine are of my parents. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's both ....and also a reflection of the degree of your loss and how much you loved them. Go well dear B. xx

    ReplyDelete