Monday 9 December 2019

Hive of Activity and Slightly Deranged

 Our last night in Portugal,
the sun
which looks like the moon
sinking into the sea.


Last night 

I went out to take photos of the three quarters moon behind the plane tree,
and saw my house from the end of the garden....how the birds would see it in the dusk.

This morning  I'm up early for the electrician who comes at 8am and brings new and brighter lights to my ceilings.
Adorable 
bird visitors
long tailed tits and
Monsieur Pheasant.

Now that  my gardener has trimmed the hedges I can see this view towards Killerton from the sitting room.
The moon rising this evening,
and in full bloom later.

And now every room in the house is upside down and I'm aching all over ....with moving furniture, unloading bookcases, carrying plants and ornaments upstairs, emptying Robin's filing cabinets and taking down curtains.
All in a good cause - lovely young friend is coming to help me paint more walls and ceilings...all at short notice....hence hive of activity.
 But I 'm so grateful to him and wonder if I'm not  also slightly deranged to be doing this now when there is already too much Christmas on my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment