Wednesday 28 August 2019

Spectacular Clouds and Tiredness....and Starling Power Abuse

 This morning's walk belongs to

the sky....

 and its spectacular cloud world.

A single horse

alone in a field...

 lone sheep...

seagull leaving the horse field.

The past is another country...

and today the clouds are

forging new unexplored frontiers in heaven.... I feel like a tiny insignificant  creature below.

Honeysuckle crown in the hedgerow.

Four cows have returned to the field bordering the stream at the end of my garden.

I find them quietly feeding on the other side of the wire fence at the wild end, where the little waterfall splashes, where I don't often go because of the high nettles and sprawling brambles...

but where it seems cows can reach 

the best green morsels.


The family of starlings have also returned ...renting the peace with

raucous squabbling

over the bird food

especially the little suet pellets 
which are their favourites. 
Their noisy flapping presence is a violent shift in the atmosphere ...the sparrows and blue tits, great tits, long-tailed tits, robins and dunnocks are quick silent friendly visitors. It feels like a broadside attack...a takeover bid...relentless power abuse.
How I feel about the PM attempting to shut down parliament.
And the careless deliberate burning down of the Amazon rainforest. 
The rain sets in early in the day soon after I return from my walk.. the temperature drops.....I feel my energy seeping away as I try and stay warm....the languid heat of a few days ago a fading memory.
I bake a batch of banana walnut and raspberry muffins....stay at my desk catching up with admin and emails....defrost thick vegetable soup for lunch...fighting off spectacular tiredness and sadness...giving in to it now.  






No comments:

Post a Comment