Friday 9 August 2019

I am Horse....on this side of the fence.

 A lovely surprise this morning  - the three horses are grazing in the open field close to the farm track,

 instead of behind the fence near the farm house where I usually wave to them in the distance.

This one is the smallest - maybe she is a pony. She has amazing ice blue eyes.

I don't know anything about horses...  except how intelligent and sensitive and beautiful they are with unusual healing powers. I don't know if these three are are male or female...this chestnut brown one feels quite young and bold...

and maybe this grey /white is the oldest, she is the biggest ....

with such sad and gentle eyes. Those flies would drive me mad.

They stop feeding  briefly to look up and see me by the gate and then carry on but I  know ( from the time Robin and I spent with Sue Blagdon and her horses on Dartmoor)  if I just wait patiently they will come towards me.
And they do, heads down, grazing all the time but slowly moving in my direction.

And then suddenly this one leaves the others and walks straight up to where I'm standing, talking softly to her.

I reach out my hand and she lets me stoke her warm velvet nose. I can feel the strength of her otherness, her sureness of " I am horse". It's quite a different feeling from when I touched  the Belgian Blue cow...she's not at all wary of me...interested but not  needy... she's in charge of her side of the fence, secure in her horse world. 

 She checks me out -   briefly - and  



then  turns away and trots back to

her companion, nuzzles her face ...as if to reassure her that I'm no threat, then swishes her tail and returns to the business of eating. I feel so moved as if I've been accepted somehow, acknowledged, and confirmed that all is well on my side of the fence .I just need to get on with it...and all is well on theirs.

I'm taking a blogging break next week as I have dear friends staying and then I'm away in Brighton and London but will be back.

And relieved that after  a conversation this evening  with a man from Google I can now reply to comments.

Thank you all for reading me....it helps me to know you are there... in the world on this side of the fence.







1 comment:

  1. I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!.
    The Farm Batangas

    ReplyDelete