Monday 10 December 2018

Walks ...Portuguese Beach/Devon Field and a Vision coming into View










An evening  walk along the beach at Alvor one Sunday a few weeks ago with our Portuguese friends.... 

then back to the apartment for tea and these divinely sweet cakes which they brought with them. As well as a host of other local goodies....
including a jar of delicious homemade Kimchi using a special Korean chilli powder which we added to our veggie pasta lunch the next day.

And sunrise this Sunday morning.
 I was very glad to see it after the ordeal of my Saturday colonoscopy which was much more painful and distressing than I expected. I'm still in the fall out of it...drinking large quantities of soaked linseeds and eating chia pudding as if they were going out of fashion...and trying to restore my decimated microbiome as best I can with pre- and probiotics.

This morning I'm out on my field walk by 9am.

Sky blue but air cold...

loving the wide horizon of this view.....

 surprised to see the first golden yellow splash gorse....

 and two blackbirds swooping along the path in front of me all the way. The path is very muddy ...lots of rain while I was away .....must remember to wear heavier walking boots next time.


Back home to my lovely peaceful view from the kitchen window. I make flapjacks and start writing Christmas cards while I'm waiting for the man to come and fix the boiler.
When dear friend arrives for coffee we pour over the architect's first sketches of the space downstairs  - four options to play around with.....how to transform three rooms into six. She helps me to imagine what it could be like...and in the place of my doubt and uncertainty and overwhelm - so many possibilities ...so many variables to consider ..... too much choice ...she leaves me with a feeling of excitement ...none of the four options are right ...but a combination/re- structuring  of some of them could be perfect for me.

 A vision coming into view.
Which makes me start loving everything that I have already even more....even the bits I  struggle with in the house....knowing I have a way to make it into my home eventually  ...making it real.


2 comments:

  1. Your plans for the house sound exciting - I hope you will keep us posted about them - and I do so sympathise with all your doubts and fears. They are totally normal! Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly will keep you posted and thanks for the reassurance about the doubts and fears which can be rife sometimes! X

    ReplyDelete