Tuesday 11 December 2018

Plenty and Grace




















Portuguese waves and Portuguese sparrows...


and a British sparrow in my garden.

I'm missing the easy stress-free break I had in Portugal.

This morning I walk miles in town.... Christmas shopping...too many people on the pavements....too much choice.... will she like it?/ what if she doesn't? .....too many pretty things I don't need....and a time pressure.  I have to leave M&S - triggered by a memory of buying Robin sweat pants in the men's department as he couldn't do up his jeans' belt anymore - too painful in amongst the the  Christmas rush and bustle. 


Shopping was simple in Portugal. I couldn't resist taking a photo of  this sign above a clothes boutique in a side street in Alvor.


This afternoon a dear friend visits for tea and a walk in the village dusk.
She brings a gift - a beautiful terracotta relief tile inscribed with the words of an ancient blessing which was found painted onto a beam in the entrance hall of a Tudor manor house in Shropshire.

Plenty and Grace be to this place.

What more could I ask for?



No comments:

Post a Comment